Following our attendance at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Florida in July, there are three key takeaways that the team came back with that we are sharing with you. These are: Intelligence, the Sales Process and finally, Azure.
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing platform that amongst other things, Microsoft emphasised that it meets a broad set of international standards for security, privacy and compliance; is hyper-scalable which means it can support an unlimited number of users; and geo-distribution brings assets closer to users with high availability and performance.
Specific to WPC, Microsoft were pushing Azure as a way to transform Enterprise Marketing and enabling it to scale using; Digital Asset Management (DAM), Web Content Management (WCM) and Advanced Analytics & Machine Learning –basically by leveraging first and third party tools.
Key points included:
- The ability to easily design and architect apps within Azure
- Azure LAAS (Location as a Service) lowers the hosting costs, while PAAS (Platform as a Service) offers further cost savings and manageability
- Azure Active Directory can be integrated into the Web Content Management (WCM) for authoring/rendering security
- Azure’s infrastructure scales dynamically within your business and its global traffic footprint
- Azure capabilities exceed typical licencing SLAs for top quadrant content management systems
- Azure reduces cost in deploying content authoring infrastructure near offshore content managers.
…and so much more!
To discuss any of the above in further detail, contact our team who will be only too happy to answer your questions.