To be the single partner of choice for the client to ensure their value in technology is maximised for business growth.
People, Passion, Technology.
Pythagoras are an Enterprise Cloud Partner – providing customers with Microsoft Solutions to fit their individual business requirements. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, a member of the Microsoft Presidents Club, and our customers include University of Reading, Close Brothers, Gatwick Airport, Children In Need, PZ Cussons, and SpiraxSarco to name but a few.
In joining Pythagoras you will be able to develop your career in a supportive team environment where you can learn from and work with some of the most talented people within our industry. Our People Strategy is built using our colleague’s opinions and feedback to create an engaging, vibrant and rewarding working environment.
The Release Engineer will work on our largest customer projects to ensure the successful implementation of all technical releases to live customer environments.
The main responsibilities of this role will require the successful candidate to:
• Work with the Service Delivery Manager, client and related delivery teams to plan and schedule releases
• Provide a weekly updated forward schedule of change detailing the planned releases to each environment
• Work with delivery teams to understand the impact of each release, collate required change documentation including:
-Summary of change
-Detailed change description
-Proposed Date/time of change
-Impact – including any timeframe for system interruption should there be any
-Known Issues – VSO Bug by ID
• Participate in client change advisory board (CAB) process to present and approve all releases
• Conduct release readiness review sessions with required stakeholders
• Communicate details – including change notes – for each release onto each environment to required stakeholders
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Coordinate release content and effort as scheduled
• Work with delivery consultants to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Develop and maintain scripts and automation tooling used to build, integrate and deploy software releases to the various platforms
• Maintain the release repository and maintain documentation related to build and release procedures, dependencies and related processes – including change process, any notification processes etc.
• Take efforts to continually improve the efficiency and quality of the release process
• Lead any go-live activities related to new releases, including carrying out required technical deployment steps, notification to test teams and where required and possible, facilitating roll back to a known good state.
The Person we are looking for
We are looking for applicants to have the following:
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle – Dev -> Integration -> UAT -> Pre Prod -> Production
• Strong knowledge of Visual Studio and source code management, in particular Release Management functionality
• Extensive Windows Systems automation experience using PowerShell
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution management, deployment and troubleshooting in a CRM Online environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint – ideally in a SharePoint online environment
• Knowledge of Azure Service Bus
• SQL SSIS as a bonus